+44 (0)1285 869791
Email Us >
The brilliantly innovative Lancia Aurelia was designed by Vittorio Jano for Lancia & C., and launched in Berlina form in 1950 at the 32nd Salone dell’Automobile held in Turin. Production lasted until the summer of 1958 by which time 6 series of the B20GT had been developed and produced.
The Aurelia was the first car in the world to sport a V6 engine designed by Francesco de Virgilio. It also had the gearbox and differential in the rear transaxle, in-board rear brakes and an independent rear suspension that was a match for the German swing axle principles, as well as being the first car designed to use Michelin X radial ply tyres. All of this was intelligently packed into a sophisticated and fast family saloon.
The fourth series introduced the new de Dion tube rear suspension. The engine was changed from white metal bearings to shell bearings. The fourth series cars were also the first Aurelias to be available in left-hand drive and were the first Aurelias to be imported to the US in any number.
First registered in 1955 to a Belgian owner, this highly desirable Series 4 has matching numbers and was last owned and used in Monaco. It is very complete with the exception of the front seats.
This car is now the subject of a complete restoration.