Email Us >
Famous for their precise craftsmanship and innovation, the pre-Fiat Lancias are in a class of their own. The Fulvia Coupe was designed in-house by Piero Castagnero in 1965, with the engine being a narrow-angled V4 engine configuration with dual overhead camshafts, alloy cam boxes and cylinder head and a cast iron cylinder block with twin Solex carburettors.
Standard and coupe Rallye variants followed with the lightweight 1.3 litre HF model fitted with alloy doors and bonnet. The ultimate Rallye 1.6HF model, powered by the 1584cc engine, was produced between 1969 and 1970.
The Fulvia Rallye 1.6HF with designated chassis numbers 818.540/541 evolved from the Rallye 1.3HF and was know as the Fanalone or “big lights”, for its large diameter, main beam Carello headlights. Only 1258 examples were produced of which around 20 were raced by the Lancia works rally team until 1974 when they were superceded by competition versions of the Stratos.
This car was purchased new and retained in the same ownership for 30 years. In 1999, it was acquired by Max Aitkin, great grandson of Lord Beaverbrook, and competed in the 1999 Le Centenaire Tour Auto with Gregor Fisken. The car has its Historic Vehicle Identity Form from the HSCC for Class D Historic R/Sports with its previous history specified as a standard road car until it was prepared for the HSCC 1960s road sports. In 2008, Aitkin sold the car to an Australian owner who shipped it out to Australia.
This well-prepared race and rally car is fitted with requisite full roll cage, seats and harnesses.