Astonishingly this car is from the same batch of bodies as the other Continental featured in the gallery, and the two are only three chassis numbers apart. Originally a UK car sold to Mr R H Holmes in July 1953, BC21B had four UK owners before being purchased by Mr. E. Frost who took the car to Zambia in 1972, and recorded every refuelling trip for the next 5 years!. A Mr. J. W. Nelson purchased the car in 1977 and he kept the car for 24 years before selling it to James Jordan of Johannesburg. An experienced engineer and tool maker, he embarked on a full restoration of the car, including an upgrade to the 4.9 litre ‘OPWAS’ engine specification, a common factory conversion in period; purchasing all the correct parts from The Bentley Service Centre that year.
Originally black with beige interior, manual gear change, heavy seats and bumpers, the car is currently silver with red leather. The UK owner is currently using the car which includes regular trips to Goodwood – can there be a more appropriate steed?