Gallery

Marque: Lancia

This extremely original example had been owned by the same family living near Florence for over 50 years. It was regularly and enthusiastically driven and rallied by its owner, Conte Felice di Tocco.

Restoration

The Lambda is widely considered as the first of Lancia’s true ‘landmark’ cars. Reflecting Vicenzo’s core belief in balance, handling and driveability rather than simple power, it bristled with innovation.

This rare and beautiful Lancia Astura has undergone and full body 2-tone repaint (from red) and full re-trim in a matching Italian leather, in time to win a prize at the Zoute Grand Prix Concours of Elegance 2017.

Following five years of research and painstaking restoration to concours standard, this remarkable and rare car is now complete. It was exhibited at London Concours in August 2020, and subsequently driven by Lord March.

Gentle Recommissioning

The Ardea was produced by Lancia between 1939 and 1953, after which came the Appia. Aside from being extremely pretty cars they, like all Lancias are beautifully and cleverly engineered.

Inspired by the giant-killing success of Bracco and Maglioli coming 2nd overall in the 1951 Mille Miglia, Gianni Lancia moved rapidly towards building the world-beating sports car that would become the Lancia D24.

This rare surviving Series I arrived for full recommissioning to enable its enthusiastic owner to compete in historic rallies across Europe.

Thornley Kelham is privileged to have restored the most famous Aurelia, possibly the most famous Lancia –  the ex-Bracco Series 1 Aurelia B20GT chassis B20-1010. One of 490 first series cars ever built, it came second in the 1951 Mille Miglia a matter of days after leaving the factory, and went on to have a fascinating and successful racing history.

A beautiful example of the first iteration of the famed Lancia Aurelia B20GT, with a number of period additional features including two tone paintwork, additional brightwork and a full leather interior.

One of just 731 Series II examples Lancia built, this car arrived at our workshops direct from a US auction, at which it had been purchased unseen by our UK client.

This car is the very first series 2 car, built in the last week of February, 1952. It was in fact signed off on 29 February, so perhaps the car is only 14 or 15 years old…. The car has an early Nardi floor change, had competition suspension and special exhaust, and a Nardi twin carb set up and still retains its original engine, no. 1642. It is maintained by Thornley Kelham and regularly rallied as it was in the 1950s.

This Lancia Aurelia B20GT Series 2 was the subject and complete nut and bolt restoration to the highest standards.

This car was imported from Italy in 1953 by its first owner Mr Chancellor, a famous and wealthy business man of Mexico City. He lived in a grand colonial house in the area of Mixcoac, today part of the Mexican University.

The actual Series 3 car featured in Niels Jonassen’s eponymous book on the Lancia Aurelia.

This car benefitted from a total nut and bolt restoration; with all mechanical parts restored and rebuilt, over 1200 hours of metalwork repairs, rustproofing throughout and careful set up to provide a fabulous driving experience.

This Lancia Aurelia arrived in our workshops in early 2013, having been shipped over from America where it was found. As the photos clearly show, it needed a complete and utter top down restoration!

After completion of Outlaw 1, it was spotted by another car enthusiast and collector who commissioned Outlaw number 2. The car has been in production since January 2016 and is now complete.

For more information on our Lancia Aurelia Outlaw programme, see here

The third in the series of the limited edition ‘Outlaw Project’ began as an Aurelia desperately needing rescuing. After many hours and months of work, Outlaw 3 received a new lease of life with Lancia Blue paint and hand-drawn stripe.

And now for something completely different! Outlaw 4 is a wonderful example of what happens when all your dreams come true. The lucky owner has specified a truly inspired choice of colour and trim.

We have recently completed work on Lancia Aurelia “Outlaw Number 5′  for a UK-based client, who is extremely passionate about rescuing rare and wonderful cars and the entire restoration process.

Currently in the workshop, the latest in our Outlaw series undergoing transformation is Outlaw 6. Destined for the United States, it was first spotted at Monterey Car Week by the current owner who has since commissioned number 6 to be built to his exact specification.

This 1954 Lancia Aurelia B20GT, chassis B20-3183, one of only 745 right hand drive Fourth Series cars produced, was the subject of a full nut and bolt restoration. Our brief was to produce a fast road car with various upgrades, either accurate period items such as a Nardi twin carburetor set up, or discreet modern additions such as a hidden digital/MP3 music system.

One of only 59 RHD examples of this beautiful Pininfarina design, the owner sent the car to us for some sympathetic recommissioning and minor repairs. Previously restored to resemble a well-known period MM car, it is equipped with the desirable Nardi twin carb upgrade, Ferrari seats, fog lamps and later Jaeger dials. Remaining in its original colour scheme and retaining all its original mechanical components, it is probably the fastest B24 Spider we have ever driven.

One of the 181 left hand drive examples of one of Pininfarina’s most beautiful designs. This car was sent to us by its US owner.

The car has now been completely restored to concours standard. It was entered into the 2015 Salon Prive’ Concours d’Elegance at Blenheim Palace where it won a concours prize in the ‘Wind In Your Hair’ category.

Outlaw number 7 is the very latest in our Outlaw series to be commissioned and work on its transformation is now well under way. It is destined for the United States where it will grace the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago.

This left hand drive sixth series B20GT has spent much of its life in the UK and needed serious attention.

This unique and highly bespoke Aurelia is now complete to the delight of the owner who is thrilled with the outcome. The car was unveiled to the public for the first time at the 2015 Salon Prive’ held at Blenheim Palace.

This lovely example of a Lancia B24 Convertibile was the subject of a full nut and bolt restoration by Thornley Kelham, including sourcing and restoring a correct period hard top.

So far, we have completely restored the steel infrastructure and the Zagato aluminium body panels on this car, but it remains with us for a complete ground-up restoration, including mechanicals and interior.

Over a period of two years, this Flaminia has had a total restoration. All mechanical sub-assemblies have been stripped and completely rebuilt. Over 1200 hours was spent on the chassis and body alone.

Having been asked by a customer if we could find one of these rare and beautiful cars, we found him this car – one of 152 built of the 3C 2.5 litre variant, in very original condition and with an amazing ownership history – one owner since 1969.

The Flaminia was Lancia’s successor to the landmark Aurelia, featuring a newly-designed, more powerful V6 engine, improved cooling and disc brakes all-round on the later models (such as this one).

According to the Fiat Archive this particular car was allocated to Zagato on 11/02/1963, and has spent most of its life in Sweden. Despite the winters,  the state of the metalwork is surprisingly good.

This rare and unique Flaminia Sport 3C 2.8 has recently completed a comprehensive and very sympathetic restoration at Thornley Kelham and was shown at the London Concours 2018.

After two years of painstaking work, the car debuted at the London Concours 2020, where it was greatly admired, and subsequently invited to show at the Hampton Court Palace Concours of Elegance.

First registered in Rome with the number ‘18813 Roma’, this Lancia Flaminia Super Sport was subsequently sold in Perugia in 1969, and its libretto dates from this period, spending most of its life to-date in Italy.

This Flaminia was Lancia’s successor to the much garlanded Aurelia, and was marketed in five different body styles: a Berlina, a Pininfarina-designed coupe, a Touring design in both GT coupe and convertible variants, and the Zagato designed Sport.

Having purchased this wonderfully original and late 2.8 litre example in Italy, the owner sent the car to us for a bare metal repaint in its original ‘Verde Pino’ green. The result is fabulous. These cars are easily the best value Flaminia variant and true drivers’ cars.

Famous for their precise craftsmanship and innovation, the pre-Fiat Lancias are in a class of their own. The Fulvia Coupe was designed in-house by Piero Castagnero in 1965, with the engine being a narrow-angled V4 engine configuration.

One of only 492 Stratos ever built, this must rank as one of the most original road – going examples in existence, having covered only 6632 kms from new when purchased by our client.

Having campaigned this original rally – spec Stratos on a handful of events post-purchase, the owner decided to return the car to an earlier period livery. In doing so he asked us to strip the car completely and restore as necessary.

1992

Lancia Delta Integrale

'Martini 5 Edition'

Lancia produced 400 special edition HF Integrale EVO 1 models to celebrate their fifth consecutive World Rally Championship.